- July 14, 2017
- Posted by: Bridge Institute
- Category: Events
On Friday 14 July 2017, Bridge Institute and IPPR hosted a roundtable discussion on the first detailed study of how the Prevent Duty has been implemented in schools and colleges in England.
The roundtable was chaired by David Anderson QC and former independent reviewer for Britain’s counter-terror legislation and speakers included:
- Researchers Dr. Joel Busher and Mr. Tufyal Choudhury
- Farah Elahi, Research and Policy Analyst, Runnymede Trust
- Kevin Courtney, General Secretary, National Union of Teachers
- Abu Ahmed, Head of Communications and Engagement, Home Office Prevent Unit
In addition to the chair and the panel, present were policy practitioners, civil servants, front line teachers, educators and Prevent engagement officers. The mixture of specialist knowledge and experience made for a well-rounded and constructive discussion.
Click here for Bridge’s overview of the discussion.
Click here for Bridge’s commentary on the study submitted to LSE Religion and the Public Sphere.